Thursday, January 31, 2013

An Ad I saw


Popchips is using a celebrity endorsement [person marketing] as a marketing strategy by using Katy Perry. Katy Perry has a wide and dedicated following so it was probably a good investment because all those people might be persuaded to buy the chips. They also coupled that with a vampire theme, which probably shows some environmental scanning on their part because they are trying to ride the vampiric trend that is sweeping the world at the moment [hopefully for not so much longer]. This shows me their target audience is probably teenagers, considering the pop star and the vampire teeth. Overall probably a good appeal to the audience, probably pretty effective [I have no idea what the chips taste like but I suppose if I liked Katy Perry I would be inclined to try it]. I think a celebrity endorsement can’t hurt, I STILL think of Catherine Zeta-Jones every time I think of T-Mobile [and vice-versa], and that campaign was over a decade ago! Popchips is not a brand I recognize so I think this is about getting the name out there.
 I also like how the kept the ad clean and modern and uncluttered, I don’t like when ads are bursting with paragraphs of information and I imagine some people agree. A short effective slogan goes a long way, and can deliver quite a bit of information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment